Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The night always recedes

--Yesterday was just...one of those days. One of my "deep-in-thought" days...(I suppose I've just seen a bit too many evils of this world this last week...I was desperately searching for contrast. I just had to breath ;) --I retreated to, and found solace in "the place with the tall grass"...) Thanks for the cheering up, and the music suggestion (beautiful stuff by the way--I've heard it on the radio before too) I appreciate your thoughts--you've helped me more than you know.
--I leave for school the 19th. I can't wait to get back to it all. I've got a pretty hectic class schedule (Calc. 2, Chem., Bio., and Anth.) I think it should be fine though...Focus hasn't ever really been a problem for me.
--I'll be more mobile since I get to have my truck down on campus (Though I just found out that a parking pass will cost me $80! -- little bite out of my Norway funds, errr) I should be able to make that money up though, I'm still psyched about it. Soon I'll get together with a friend who's a total wealth of information about the subject! She's been a HUGE help in planning this whole thing, I so lucked out, lol...
--I'm gettin' pretty tired here, I'll blog more tomorrow, feel free to leave a message
-Ryan

The moon has set hours ago, leaving me among the shadows of another purged day
Faint traces of city light become more and more diffuse as I follow them up to the constellations
The clouds are painted with depth--bellies washed orange
Morning birds yawn, as shadows recede to their origins
Pools of night still linger places--
A soft glow drifts down from the top of the world
It floods across the surface,
Warms my face--I'm restored
The night always recedes...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home