Sunday, July 31, 2005

Random thoughts ;)

School starts back up in just a couple more weeks! YESSSSSSS -- can't wait to get back. Had a good time last year! You know -- everyone always says "Don't have too much fun! or your classes will kill you!" -- let me be the first to say that's all bull. I went out just about every night, even on "hell-week." I did just fine. I suppose that if you were to get drunk every night, then I could definitely see school killin' you -- but that doesn't sound too appealing -- not to me anyway.
The search continues for "that special someone" -- enough to drive a man insane! I look around and I see friends and family getting married. Don't get me wrong - I'm VERY happy for them all -- it just sobers me up -- makes me think. Though I try not to linger there long...Hours of thought on the matter just don't help -- the right one will come along sometime -- that's my attitude and I'm stickin' to it! I'll just keep goin' on assuming that the right one hasn't already passed me by...Love is such a slap in the face, lol.
Teaching myself to play the piano! It's been easier than I thought. Now there are people out there that just amaze me! They play so fast, and intuitive. You know what I mean. I just listen and watch in awe as they do what they do! I've learned: "clocks", "The Scientist", and "In My Place" -by Coldplay, "100 years" -by five for fighting, "Existentialism on Prom Night" -by straylight run, "Brick" by Ben Folds Five, and some blues/jazz scales/licks. By ear -- not THAT impressive -- they're all pretty simple --but it's just fun to play stuff that you can actually recognize on the piano! I've not stopped w/ the guitar -- I'm still playin' it constantly -- My new favorite song to play is: "Everlong" -by the Foo Fighters -- love that song! No I can listen to it wherever I go! lol.
I get to have my truck on campus this fall!! yessssssssssssss. I was a little nervous about it at first -- it's manual transmission, and there are a TON of DRAMATIC hills down there at Purdue! But I've been practicing, and I'm very confident drivin' that baby around, lol. Now I can spend more time hangin' out with friends who've got apartments -- (which are VERY nice down there!!) I meant to get one for this year --but I didn't want to get out of my housing contract without being certain that I had an apartment first. I'll DEFINITELY get one next year -- It's like half the price of a dorm room! Sure you have to buy your own food -- but I don't even care! I'm lookin' forward to that! I'm a pretty good chef if I do say so myself!! lol -
The dorm room this year will be decked out! I'm getting some pink shag carpet from my godfather -- plus, we're building our own loft ( a single -- so it'll be more like a bunk bed ) I've got top bunk, because I'm more...Able than my room mate. We'd have contests last year where we'd play "the floor is lava" game. I know how naive that sounds...But it was SO fun! We'd have to get all the way across the room and back -- first one back wins. Lets just say...We lost him to the lava...Lets have a moment of silence..............
We had the WORST floor in the whole dorm! The guy across the hall from me was bi-polar. One day he was having a low point, he was yelling and crying really loud -- so I was going to go out to see if he was alright -- He threw a chair at me, which busted into a billion pieces! I decided to wait a while before I went out -- make sure that he had exhausted all of his furniture ammunition before I got hit with something. lol! -- anyway -he turned out to be a really nice guy. He'd always come over and borrow some of my tools -- yes...I was the guy with tools, who could fix stuff around the rooms, lol. It's amazing how nice people are to you when you've got something they want, lol. I'm pretty anxious to get out of the dorm life though. There were only about 2-3 mature adults -- myself included. The rest were naive man-whores, lookin' to sleep with as many women as they could! It was really depressing to think about, and to see how many women actually fell for their bullshit, and slept with them...Very depressing.
well...This is where I'm gonna end it -- I'll definitely blog more later -- feel free to leave a message
-Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home