Sunday, August 14, 2005

The news...

--There was a terrible accident today in Athens...I've read the articles--seen the news coverage; Through blurred vision, and the feeling of falling...helpless. I was in such disbelief as I watched the cold news reporters...and the terribly graphic news articles...48 children "found" among victims of the crash...I saw a woman crying on the news coverage; no, crying isn't a strong enough word to describe what she was doing...and grief isn't a strong enough word to describe what she was feeling...my God the pain she's feeling--it's more than one would think is earthly possible. She's somehow transcended this world, only in part--only to feel some pain that she would otherwise be impervious...or oblivious to. She was filmed naked in front of billions of people--very few of which are even capable of shedding a tear...capable of giving a damn...
--Moments like these are only bearable when coupled with the existence of love...why do you have to go so far to find the good in this world--it's still never far enough to escape these terrible tragedies...The feeling of responsibility just cuts through me...but how would you fight to keep a plane in the air...how would you fight to keep a heart for breaking...how would you fight to preserve love, justice, and innocence. THESE are the things that are worth fighting for...these are the things disappeared from too many hearts. Why does this instill a sense of responsibility more than disappointment? I've turned my back on destiny, because this is what it brings...without cause--unbound by reason. I used to think it was a crutch for victims of grief...that if I just turn my back on it, then it would disappear.

--This is just me thinking...I almost didn't blog this...it's not that exciting...but I'm told "excitement is in the translation...interpretation." so here ya go, ;) --Feel free to leave a message!
-Ryan

--Oh, PS! Blast for the past!! I was rooting through all my things--packing things up for both the move back to school, and the move across town. I stumbled upon old letters...some I never even gave to the would-be recipient. I even found a poem I wrote for Lilly, who knows when! It had to've been like 9th grade! It's called "True Love" --It starts: "She looked at me...I pretended I didn't see her in hopes she would continue to look" Oh man! definite blast from the past!! Oh well, thought someone would get a kick out of that recovery. Cool stuff, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home